Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Animoto :)

http://animoto.com/play/CiRo3w7nGOXiwNhjbQX1mA

     This animoto was meant to be sort of a trailer for the book. I absolutely love seeing movie trailers because they almost always make me want to see the movie. I just made this to get the general point across that the book is about two best friends who grew apart and one ends up dying and the other one is left distraught and heart broken. Although Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King is so much more than just that plot line. As I have already said, I highly, HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone really. I think boys would enjoy this book just as much as I did. The thing that keeps you tied into the book is the mystery behind Charlie's death. Hint lie throughout the novel as to what could have possibly happened and Vera hides herself from the truth all the time. Finally though, at the end she comes clean and clears Charlie's name. In addition she comes to peace with Charlie's death and with Charlie through a very unique was that was really really touching. It really makes you open up your eyes to the realities of the world.
     Now this is what really made me think throughout the whole book: What would I have done if this would have happened to me? In my Vlog I mentioned how I know quite a few people who have changed since we got into High School. What would happen if something happened to one of them? What if that happened to you? It's not fair when things happen to us, things like losing someone with no answers and no real absolution. Recently I have been going through a similar thing with a friend of mine. Him and I have been best friends for a year now and once he got into High School, about the end of first semester, things started changing. It was really hard to deal with it because he just wasn't who I grew so close to anymore. He started hanging out with new people, not bad people, but new people who seemed to have an influence on him that I didn't appreciate. He started lying to me and saying hurtful things all to often. It's devastating and heartbreaking when anything like that happens to anyone.We ended up getting in many fights and stopped talking to each other for awhile. If something happened to him in that time--the worst time of our friendship--I have no idea what I would have done. I didn't hate him at all, I missed his friendship everyday when we weren't talking and if suddenly he was dead, never to be talked to again, I would have had some serious grieving and therapy sessions in my future. However, we worked out our differences and are now best friends again like we used to be. We both came around and I believe that if Charlie wouldn't have died, that is what would have happened with Vera and Charlie. The sad truth is that young people die all the time. People lose best friends and loved ones all the time. It's incredibly tragic. The lesson that Please Ignore Vera Dietz taught me was to appreciate the people who you love and who love you back more than anything in the world. They could be gone any second.

1 comment:

  1. This was a really great post. It made me think. Tose are the best kind. Not to sound rude or anything but this sounds like a really girly book. Something that would probably make me cry. I'm not turning up my nose to it, in fact I kind of want to read it to prove or disprove my theory. I also liked how you related Vera and Charlie's friendship to one that you had.

    ReplyDelete